Swords of Cerebus vol. 3, by Dave Sim, Aardvark Vanaheim Inc, 1981, a collection of Cerebus the Aardvark #s 9-12 originally from 1979, plus the backup story “What Happened Between Issues 20 and 21” inked by Gene Day.
Cerebus parodied many well-known sword & sorcery characters. Here Red Sophia doesn’t mind the snow, and neither does Cerebus despite his lack of pants.
The blend of gritty heroic fantasy and satire made Cerebus similar to some of our D&D games.
- jpjones1970 likes this
- hawkmonger likes this
- baconmonstrosity likes this
- pauvrezero reblogged this from oldschoolfrp
- sclr likes this
- maximilianyearsbc likes this
- th3th1rdr3v3l4t10n reblogged this from orlyman
- orlyman reblogged this from oldschoolfrp
- orlyman likes this
- petetoms likes this
- mikemcc reblogged this from mistomaxo
- mikemcc likes this
- fordoomthebelltolls likes this
- mistomaxo reblogged this from oldschoolfrp
- mistomaxo likes this
- okumarts likes this
- blackfuckingjackals likes this
- de-sensitizer likes this
- oldschoolfrp posted this