One of my favorite images from my Holmes boxed Basic D&D set is the monochrome cover of module B1, In Search of the Unknown. This picture sums up the flavor of the module as the party searches the giant mushroom garden to discover whether there is hidden danger, treasure, or simply more odd and unexplainable features to ponder.
The cryptic signature “DIS & DAT” refers to David C. Sutherland III and Dave A. Trampier. Apparently Sutherland completed the module cover based on a drawing by Trampier that was later published in Polyhedron magazine (2nd picture credited only to “DT”). I don’t know whether Trampier’s cartoon adventurers were always present in his original sketch, but as a fan of oddly beautiful yet menacing fairy tale settings I like both versions.
- csvaccaro reblogged this from oldschoolfrp
- csvaccaro likes this
- frpg reblogged this from oldschoolfrp
- adultcrash likes this
- glamnarc reblogged this from fuckyeahdnd
- knightworg reblogged this from oldschoolfrp
- aslanandhiseyebrows likes this
- totallynotafrenchman reblogged this from oldschoolfrp
- threehornedsoul likes this
- fuckyeahdnd reblogged this from oldschoolfrp and added:
- oldschoolfrp posted this